Her words begin, "this is how the story went/met someone by accident/ it blew me away...it was in the darkest of my days when you took my sorrow and you took my pain/and buried them away..." however where I deviate from the lyrics that emanate from her heart and strings is that I do not see myself as hiding my heart away any longer. I’ve sought solace in strangers and sought alleviation in friends. I’ve reached for the midnight bottle and the caffeine spurring early in the morn. I’ve accomplished little in my rendering of tears in my solitude. "..If I have all faith, so as to move mountains but don’t have love, I am nothing. I’ve sought laughter, company, solitude, and feeble causes...all the while my ailing soul longed for cool water as that of an oasis. I’ve given up, retracted, given up, and exiled that portion of my heart. I’ve gained many in the last year and lost few. All the while thinking that each was for a specified reason, but perhaps it was for a season. I’ve sang the One Hundred and Twentieth Psalm and have carefully seeded each tear as to mark the time and place the tear will bring forth my fruit of joy. My season of sorrow and tears is over. I must carefully count my paces and step lightly in my own footprints left behind as to avoid rendering harm to my new fruit that have come to me in this Spring of my life.
This written for those of you who were with me during the last year and more specifically the last six months. I didn’t see the light at the end of my proverbial tunnel...you did. There were those of you that stuck with me, holding my hands in yours telling me to be strong. There were those of you that gently pushed me from behind while whispering in my ear ever so softly that I would be delivered from this, patiently waiting on my exit from solitude. And there were those of you that quietly and peacefully walked away. For each of the roles executed during this time, I owe you benediction. You have each exploited great character and for that... you will not go unacknowledged
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment